What is SendMeNow summer missions?
SendMeNow missions is sponsored by Collegiate Missions of the Georgia Baptist Mission Board. Through SendMeNow, students are mobilized to serve God through missions in Georgia, the U.S. and around the world. SendMeNow is committed to sending students out to share the Good News of Jesus Christ on their campus, in their community and beyond!
Who can apply?
1. Mature Christian college students, active in a Southern Baptist or Christian church. (Some positions require membership in a Southern Baptist Church. This is indicated on the list of opportunities.)
2. Students experiencing spiritual growth and ministry through active leadership in BCM and/or local church ministries. This includes being involved in SendMeNow fundraising efforts.
3. Students actively participating in personal evangelism on their campus and in their community.
4. Students with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
5. Students must be enrolled during the semester immediately prior to term of service (spring semester if applying for summer.) Students must be 18 years of age before term of service begins.
6. Students returning to a Georgia campus in the fall are preferred; however, it is not required. Graduating seniors are encouraged to apply.
7. Students will need to agree with and commit to serve in accordance to a statement of Basic Christian Belliefs.
Who pays for SendMeNow summer missions?
SendMeNow missions is paid for with money raised by students on the local campuses. Each campus BCM is involved in sending student missionaries by raising money locally. The funds raised on each campus are combined to pay for student missionaries from around the state to serve around the world. All student applicants must be involved in raising funds for SendMeNow. Some funds are given through the Georgia Baptist Healthcare Foundation to assist with medical missions and Georgia Baptist Disaster Relief to assist with disaster relief missions. There is a $50 application fee required for all applicants at the time of their local interview.
Why a $50 application fee?
- $50 application fee is paid at the time of the local campus interview
- Upon completion of all requirements of SendMeNow missions, $50 will be refunded to the student. This includes submission of application and all other relevant materials (references, local campus interview, picture, etc.), Interview Retreat attendance, completion of all necessary forms upon appointment, Launch Retreat and Commissioning attendance, completion of term of service, and submission of reports and pictures upon return. All items must be submitted by the established deadlines.
- Fee will be refunded to student if the student is not appointed to serve by the missions committee (this does not apply to any student who decides not to be appointed)
What costs are covered by SendMeNow?
Unless otherwise indicated in the opportunities description, SendMeNow provides:
1. Missions Discovery Weekend: housing, food and materials
2. Launch Retreat and Commissioning: housing, food, missions resources, and a t-shirt
3. Term of Service: (Term of Service costs are not applicable for paid opportunities.)
- Transportation to and from the field (1 round trip only)
- Housing, food, transportation, and approved ministry expenses while on the field (provided by the field of service or SendMeNow)
**Students will be expected to pay for their own passport, inoculations and medications!!!**
***Students are required to pay a $50 application fee due at the time of their local interview***