- Mature Christian college students, active in a Southern Baptist or Christian church. (Some positions require membership in a Southern Baptist Church. This is indicated on the list of opportunities.)
- Students experiencing spiritual growth and ministry through active leadership in BCM and/or local church ministries. This includes being involved in SendMeNow fundraising efforts. (Students who are not on a campus with a BCM may also apply if he or she is a member of a Georgia Baptist Church.)
- Students actively participating in personal evangelism on their campus and in their community.
- Students with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Students enrolled during the semester immediately prior to term of service (enrolled spring semester if applying for summer.) Students must be 18 years of age before term of service begins.
- Students returning to a Georgia campus in the fall are preferred; however, it is not required. Graduating seniors are encouraged to apply.
- Students willing to agree with, and commit to serve in accordance to, a statement of Basic Christian Beliefs.
- Students that will commit to being involved in raising funds for SendMeNow.
*SendMeNow missions is funded with money raised by students on the local campuses. Each campus BCM is involved in sending student missionaries by raising money locally. The funds raised on each campus are combined to pay for student missionaries from around the state to serve around the world. Some funds are donated through the Georgia Baptist Healthcare Foundation to assist with medical missions, and Georgia Baptist Disaster Relief to assist with disaster relief missions. Students applying as members of Georgia Baptist Churches will also need to participate in fundraising efforts.
- Students pay a $50 application fee due at the time of their local interview. Upon completion of all requirements of SendMeNow missions, the $50 application fee will be refunded to the student.
Costs covered by SendMeNow:
Unless otherwise indicated in the opportunities description, SendMeNow provides:
- Missions Discovery Weekend: housing, food and materials.
- Launch Retreat and Commissioning: housing, food, missions resources, and a t-shirt.
- Term of Service: (Term of Service costs are not applicable for paid opportunities). Including transportation to and from the field (1 round trip only), housing, food, transportation, and approved ministry expenses while on the field (provided by the field of service or SendMeNow).
Costs covered by Student:
- Students will be expected to pay for their own passport, inoculations and medications.
- $50 application fee (refunded upon completion of all requirements).
- myPLACE online assessments and book–included in your application fee.
The application process includes an online application but make sure you are aware of all the steps involved before you begin…
STEP 1: Complete the pre-application.
Once we have received your pre-application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the online application.
STEP 2: Complete the online application.
Complete the online application by midnight,
November 3, deadline extended to NOVEMBER 7, 2021 for summer missions. In addition to your online application, all of the following must be submitted to SendMeNow missions no later than November 30, 2021.
- Local Campus/Church Minister Interview form – see campus or church minister.
- Reference forms – references are submitted electronically but make sure you contact your references and make them aware of deadlines. Please verify you have submitted the correct email addresses.
- Georgia Baptist Mission Board volunteer process – see campus minister.
- $50 application fee – to be paid by student (make check payable to local BCM) and sent in by campus minister with other forms, etc. Application fee is refundable upon completion of all requirements by the assigned deadlines.Requirements include:
– Submission of application and all other relevant materials (references, local campus interview, etc.).
– Missions Discovery Weekend attendance.
– Completion of all necessary forms upon appointment.
– Launch Retreat and Commissioning attendance.
– Completion of term of service.
– Submission of reports and photos upon return.
Fee will be refunded to student if the student is not appointed to serve by the missions committee (this does not apply to any student who decides not to be appointed).
- Proof of Passport (if applicable) – If interested in serving internationally, the student will be asked for proof of passport (color, digital copy of passport information page- valid for at least six months after the return date for your trip and at least 2 blank pages) or copy of passport application dated no later than November 30 to be submitted to campus minister as part of local interview. For more information about applying for a U.S. passport, please click here.
STEP 3: Accept Invitation To Missions Discovery Weekend
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email invitation to the Missions Discovery Weekend January 7-8, 2022. Once you receive this invitation, you will need to accept your invitation within 5 days by completing the online form.
STEP 4: Attend Missions Discovery Weekend
Missions Discovery Weekend is January 7-8, 2022. Applicants must arrive no later than 7:00 p.m. on Friday and remain through the conclusion of worship on Saturday night, approximately 7:00 p.m.
Missions Discovery Weekend is a culmination of your application process. Your attendance is absolutely crucial. Staffing the retreat will be students and campus ministers who have a long history of missions experience and insight. Their task will be to help students find a suitable place of service. Missions Discovery Weekend is a celebration of what God is doing in your life and through the body of BCM as He calls us forward on missions. Arrive ready to worship and fellowship. You will discover a new family of like-minded disciples and a degree of understanding of God’s call to the nations. Missions placement will be made that weekend and students will be informed immediately of their placement. Immediate acceptance of your appointment will be expected.
STEP 5: Attend Launch Retreat and Commissioning Service.
Launch Retreat and Commissioning Service will be April 8-9, 2022.
STEP 6: Agree to Assignments
Agree to fulfill all agreed upon assignments of SendMeNow Missions.